Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hopkins says not ready to hang up gloves

Bernard Hopkins will return to the ring despite suffering a crushing defeat over the weekend to Russian Sergey Kovalev, the 49-year-old former champion told Reuters on Tuesday. Hopkins, who failed to win a round on any of the three judges' scorecards in the light-heavyweight title unification bout, ended speculation of his retirement by saying he will fight "one more time." "Who will I fight? I don't know," Hopkins said during a telephone interview from his Delaware home. "But it will be somebody I will be an underdog against because I want to be the underdog. "If this is the last time I'm going into the ring, I will not cheat myself. It will not be a freak show. I will never shortchange myself and my dignity."

No comments:

Post a Comment